6 Mar 2011

Valentine's 1st bridal couture, SPARK.

As tradition in NiGel.Chia production, every new doll will have a bridal couture to be their 1st dress, the same goes with Valentine. This is the 1st time I sew for 16' fashion doll, it is much more bigger than those barbie dress I made last time, but smaller than those iplehouse lady which I currently work with, but I the size still enable me to create the detail and save quite lot of fabric when making then gown compare to Iplehouse lady. The 1st thing after sketching out the design is to develop the basic block pattern of her body. Her upper body appears to be longer than the usual proportion but the good thing is she has a tiny waist which makes me easier to add some detail on the waist line without worrying her to look fat. Being inspired by Vera Wang latest collection- White, I have create a high collar sleeveless organza top fully embellished with laces and beads and a randomly layered chiffon dress which complete the look with the black belt with beaded detail. I named the gown as SPARK. It took me around one and a half day to finish the gown and it turn out nicely. But the most important is Valentine are able to rock the dress! Photo shoot was done on New York City night scenery where I printed it out in A1 size for the background purpose. I just love her fierce and high fashion look in all. That is all from Valentine till now; I need to get back to Iplehouse EID ladies dress again. Enjoy it!



::White by Vera Wang, source of inspiration for SPARK::

Photobucket

:: SPARK by NiGel . ChiA ::

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Photos, dress, face up by NiGel.ChiA
All rights reserved. Please do NOT Copy any pictures and write up without prior writing for permission!

No comments:

Post a Comment